10 SIGNS & SYMPTOMS OF THE ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE
ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE – 10 warning signs
- A memory problem NOT caused by alcohol abuse or head injury, and that worsens over time.
- Language Problems. Difficulty naming objects, finding the right word to use in a sentence.
- Zips and Buttons are difficult to fasten. People with Alzheimer’s find it hard to dress themselves.
- Hygiene. Those with Alzheimer’s may not care about how they look and may not want to bath.
- Extreme mood swings. A change in mood for no reason – like being calm then suddenly scared or angry and aggressive, within minutes.
- Impaired judgement. Strange behaviour – like wearing underclothes over top clothes or taking clothes off in public.
- Many people with Alzheimer’s get lost in familiar places such as their own neighbourhood.
- Even recognition of their own family and friends becomes difficult.
- Recalls memories of childhood at times, but cannot remember anything that happened the same day.
- Suspicious of other people and may accuse them of stealing or hiding things.