The glamour of the lifestyle of living it up in cities around the world changed somewhat when Chad Meihuizen’s dad contracted Alzheimer’s disease. He tells Joy Watson about this life-changing experience. When Chad Meihuizen was a boy, he wanted to …
We need your help.
- Over 44 million people worldwide have Alzheimer’s disease – this number will rise to 75.6 million by 2030 and 135.5 million by 2050.
- Around the world a new case of dementia occurs every 4 seconds.
- Approx 750 000 people in South Africa have the disease.
- Presently, there is no cure for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Alzheimer’s disease threatens to bankrupt families, with escalating medication costs and no support to pay for either day or full time care.
We would like to make a difference so please help us by sending us your stories, joining our organisation, making a donation or signing our petition.
SIGN OUR PETITION – Get involved and make a change
SHARE YOUR STORY
I have a parent who suffers from dementia,and the medical aide Medscheme ,after all her and my late father years of contributions have failed to honour her medication claims of about R800. A MONTH MAXIMUM. I am thoroughly disgusted with …
Thank you for all the trouble you are taking to encourage medical aids (ours is Discovery) to recognise Alzheimer’s disease. It is so good to know that someone is trying to understand the financial burden that this disease imposes on …
IN THE NEWS
Families with loved ones affected by dementia understand how challenging it can be to look after them and provide the support that they need. All loved ones have the best intentions and that is to take care of their parents …
Watch interesting stories and share facts and experiences from our YouTube channel.
Also share your story by posting it today. We are a community, so stay connected.